Thursday, July 2, 2009

Baby Questions

Okay so I have a really great baby. He is happy and a pretty good sleeper, but how old are they usually when they start sleeping like 8-10hrs. Right now I he takes a bottle and falls asleep while I rock him but when do you put them in their cribs and let them fall asleep on their own. Also how do you get them on a sleep schedule? Cale just sleeps when hes tired it is a little different everyday.

I am not too worried about it now but I don't want him to get used to having a bottle when he goes to bed and I also don't want him to get used to waking up at night and get in the habit of it.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

i read baby wise. Its a great book for schedules and when they should sleep and says that if you follow it your baby should be sleeping through the night at about 3-4 months.

Jamie Claire said...

Our little guy took his sweet time sleeping 8-10 hours, he was about 6months before he did it regularly. Routines are good for babies, especially at night time. (bath, stories,prays a song, bottle whatever works for them) Owen had a bottle right before bed until he gave them up at 10 months. Don't worry they will grow out of them. I read Baby wise too and liked parts of their theories, but every baby is different. Your are the mom do what feels right

MJPowell said...

Emily!! How are you!? Your little boy is so dang cute. Congrats...
I read your post, My sister also did babywise. Alot of people say good things about it. Its a pretty flexable book too. So use what you want out of it and those things that dont work for you just blow it off.
Anyways- Hope your all well. Tell Cason Hi!

Ashlee and Rico said...

He is getting so big! We have to get together and let kota and cale hang out!
Kota didn't start sleeping 8 hours till about 10 months. She never took a bottle but I know a lot of my nieces and nephews take them to bed till they are 1...and eventually they grow out of it...it sure makes putting them down easy. I finally let kota cry herself to sleep around one year (sometimes 45 minutes of crying :( but she is getting much better.
Lets hang out soon!